The Witcher patchato prima ancora di uscire
Con addirittura un giorno d’anticipo rispetto alla data d’uscita, prevista per oggi, è stata rilasciata la patch che porta The Witcher alla versione 1.1. Per usufruire pienamente dei bugfix presenti al suo interno è necessario iniziare il gioco dall’inizio, ma non dovrebbe essere un problema viste le circostanze. In fondo al post, cliccando su continua, la lista completa delle modifiche apportate dal team di sviluppo.
– Fixed character development issues with some abilities and skills.
– Fixes for some storyline related progression breaks.
– Fixes for druids’ day-night cycle in Act 5.
– Fixes for sex scene with nurses in Act 5.
– Signet fixes (some signets were received twice).
– Fixed story incoherency regarding Erkyn in Act 3.
– Experience gain indication localization fixes.
– Mutagen potion – new fixes for showing up a message.
– Fixed items used in eating animations.
– Geralt’s allies fixed to always react properly to all mosnters.
– Bounty Hunter is Agent Smith no more (he doesn’t replicate). Mr. Geralt, we missed you…
– Echinopses and Archespores now use their own spikes instead of arrows.
– Fixes for alchemical ingredients extracted from some monsters.
– Raven Crypt – few fixes for geometry and placeables.
– Fixed few places where player was supposed to meditate, but couldn’t.
– Fixed story incoherence in Berengar quest.
– Soldier practicing on training dummy won’t penetrate… it.
– Berengar won’t disappear on sight when sparing him.
– A whole lot of localization fixes (some of them won’t work with old savegames!).
Code bugs fixed:
– Fixed all diagnosed stability issues and crashes.
– Fixed few gameplay issues with WSAD and mousedrive controls.
– Alt-Tab related issues fixed (random crashes, hang-ups, cursor blocking).
– Cat potion estimated time display – fixed.
– Dropping items from the inventory fixes for better spread.
– Weapon visual FXes fixed during dialogues.
– Confirmation box shown when player uses Quick Load.
– Tooltip fixes for lower resolutions (for example 800×600).
– All read books now have the appropriate note in description.
– Sitting animation fixes for few characters that sat beside the chair.
– Alt-Tab fixes for dialogue lines and gameplay options.
– Savegame option blocked around Aard throwing time.
– Audio: rat squealing sound fixes for minimized mode.
– Movies and cutscenes fixes for Alt-Tabbing.
– AI: fixed NPCs chasing enemies that were no more.
– AI: few poker fixes.
– Fixed problems with items appearing back in storages.
– Fixed blizzard problems with cutscenes and dialogues.
– Fixed toxicity effect for Alt-Tabbing.
– Finishers fixes – animation sometimes did not play.
– When taking out an unknown item of the storage, the user can no longer see the name of the potion. Good one…
– Fixed saving in tight places (player got teleported after load… sometimes).
Art & sound bugs fixed:
– Vizim’s Temple Quarter: ~30 physics fixes; corrected barrels; ~10 decoration fixes.
– Kaer Morhen: Wild animals fixes.
– Sewers: commoners sleeping fxes; ~5 item properties fixes; ~10 skeleton placement fixes.
– Vizim’s Temple Quarter/Burning Vizim:The banner on the tower is no longer black.
– Old Manor: Koschey boss movement fixes.
– Mutants fixes for decapitation. That means no decapitation now.
– Werewolf physics fixes.
– Chainmail stand placeable now has collision surface (player/npc can’t pass through it).
– Celina brightness fixes for interiors.
– Order knights lighting fixes.
– Bread item fixes for eating animation.
– More detailed model of Horse+Wagon for opening cutscenes.
– Journal entry for crypts fixed now.
– A child in epilogue cutscene doesn’t look like badly sewn young Frankenstein.
– Old lady and dwarves – idle animation fixes.
6. Known Issues:
1) The Witcher may exhaust virtual address space when running on 32-bit Windows Vista. Microsoft has released a hotfix that addresses this problem. Please download the hotfix from the following location when playing the game on 32-bit Windows Vista: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940105
2) The following video cards are not currently supported: S3 Colt, S3 S27, S3 S8
3) The following processors are out of range: AMD Duron Series, AMD Athlon XP 2400+ through 3200+, AMD Sempron 2400+ through 2800+, and the INTEL Celeron Series.
4) Some bugfixes mentioned above will work only if a game is restarted from scratch, for some others a corresponding act needs to be restarted.